- This event has passed.
September 12, 2015 @ 8:30 am - September 19, 2015 @ 5:30 pm| $155.00
“Weekend Website Warrior” Experience
Build a Website using Java Script, HTML, and CSS in a Weekend
Day 1: Saturday, September 12, 2015 – 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Day 2: Saturday, September 19, 2015 – 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
**Must attend both days**
At the end of the weekend you will:
- Understand the components to build an interactive website
- Have a basic knowledge of universal programming concepts such as loops, variables, and functions
- Build an interactive website
- Understand the components of client meetings and the data collection process
- Leave with tools and references to expand your learning after class
- Gain a new skill you can use immediately
- Leave EMPOWERED understanding that you can learn something new and potentially re-career into the field of technology.
What you need to bring:
Eliminating all stress and barriers all you need to bring is YOURSELF, a willingness to learn and a smile! We provide all hardware/computers and software, so there is no need to bring your laptop or miss this opportunity to learn if you don’t have one. We also provide lunch and snacks each day along with online and manual learning materials for your personal use during and after class.
During this program you will learn the skills needed to become a front-end developer, however you DO NOT need to have previous coding experience. Participants should be comfortable using computer applications like Microsoft Windows, Internet, and Email.
After Class Resources (included in the cost of the program)
Our weekend website program is not just a “one hit wonder,” we pride ourselves with providing you with the tools you need to become a coder and provide after class resources including:
- Updates on technology career opportunities
- Invitation to professional technology networking opportunities
- Access to a community of women with similar goals and experiences
We do not offer cash refunds, however you can use your payment towards another Sisters Code Class.
In an effort to provide the optimal learning environment seating is limited.